Looks like our first full sunny weekend in LA in a while. How will you spend it?
Below, you’ll find our top three picks for this day (January 21) in Los Angeles followed by a list of seven more quick ideas to consider. I hope you find something you like, and have a great Saturday!
Things to do on a Saturday in Los Angeles
Nexus IV: Riyadh -> this SaturdayGlendale’s Brand Library hosts an inaugural reception for the Nexus IV: Riyadha new group art show curated by Tlaloc Studios and Thinkspace Projects featuring about 60 artists. Nexus Featuring solo exhibitions from Anthony Clarkson, Ken Fleullen, Matthew Grabelski, Anthony Heard, and Cody Jimenez; In addition to site-specific murals of Brek, Love Yo Dreams, Mr. B Baby. The inaugural reception will be held from 4-10 p.m. and will include food from Zavalas Pies, Sweet Life LA, and Bad Jimmy’s, as well as a cash bar and DJ. The exhibition runs until March 17th. Get more information here.
Theatrical Car Festival –> To kick off the 2023 season of Zombie Joe’s Underground, North Hollywood is hosting the 20th Annual Drive-By Theater Festival, a new, fast-paced collection of mini-plays written, produced and performed in two days (or less). Shows take place every night at 8:30 pm From Saturday to Monday. Tickets are $20 in advance, or $25 at the door. Get more information here.
Lunar New Year at the Los Angeles Zoo -> this Saturday And SundayLos Angeles Zoo celebrates Lunar New Year With a full range of pop up activities and evening shows. Offerings include a wall of good wishes, a Zoo-diac mask craft station, a Red Lantern Photo O, and a Zoo-diac tour. All activities are included with zoo admission, which starts at $22 for adults. More information here.
* Gold Star discounts Some of the city’s best seasonal lights programs run through January, and Goldstar.com is offering great deals on tickets on select dates. Save up to $8 on airfare to Los Angeles Zoo Lights: Alglow Animals Or $10 off tickets Mean girls in Pantages.
* We love LA You receive commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven more things to do in Los Angeles today
- Monterey Park Celebrating the year of the rabbit With a two-day event featuring the Lion and Dragon Dancers (Saturday) as well as a carnival and various kinds of entertainment on both days.
- This is amazing SaturdayAnd Plaza West Covina The Lunar New Year is celebrated with an array of family-friendly activities
- This is amazing from Friday to Sunday, the L.A. Body Art Gallery Bring 250 of America’s best tattoo artists to the Los Angeles Convention Center for three days
- Long Beach shopping destination second and pch It hosts family-friendly Lunar New Year celebrations Saturday.
- Western Dance Camera Festival It runs through Saturday at the Barnsdale Theatre.
- tricka child care and early education center in Hollywood, is hosting an open event for a fun family educational curriculum Saturday It features a range of children’s activities, including art, sensory play, HAMA musical instruments, family yoga and more.
- Culver City’s Ivy Station hosts a Free afternoon of jazz On the lawn on Saturdays starting at 1 p.m
Want to get the best things to do in Los Angeles sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who sign up for our twice-weekly email newsletter!