Frank Lloyd Wright home for sale + community mental health plans
it’s saturday, Oak Park and River Forest! In today’s local headlines:
- Harlem Street improvements are on the way
- Events are planned in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- The Dominican University will celebrate National Ethnic Healing Day
But first, today’s weather: Sunny. High: 33 Low: 30.
Oak Park – River Forest Business Owners and Marketers: Want to build awareness with local clients? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to the local businesses they need to know about. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 4 decks today in Oak Park-River Forest:
1. More than 60 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Oak Park this week, according to the Department of Health. local cases are down about 30 percent From mid-December. The weekly report does not include people who have been tested at home. (GTC)
2. Oak Park Township The Community Mental Health Board is seeking feedback on its “strategic plan and funding priorities”. Entry sessions will be held Jan 19th And 25 January. (GTC)
3. THE DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY WILL CELEBRATE National Ethnic Healing Day next week. An event is set for January 17th, with in-person and virtual options to attend. (the)
4. Frank Lloyd Wright home for sale on Home Avenue For the first time in six decades. George Smith House It dates back to 1898 It is listed at $595,000. (Wednesday Journal)
Today in Oak Park-River Forest:
- Trailside Museum He hosts a “Bird and Bagel” picnic. (8:30 am)
- It’s sustainable Saturday in Austin Gardens. (10 am)
- Make a geometric sculpture in cent statess. (10 am)
- Participate in the Vision boarding workshop at GRND Coffee House. (the noon)
- River Forest Public Library He hosts an audio meditation bath. (2 m)
From my notebook:
- Traffic upgrades are coming to the Harlem Street Extensions Thanks to federal funding. (well known teacher)
- Cook County on her way to see a fileToo many opioid-related deaths ever across the region. (paid source: platform)
- the First United Methodist Church in Oak Park will host a “Notes on Comfort” event on Sunday In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. (patch)
- Justin Porter is New coach for the lacrosse team At Oak Park and River Forest High School lacrosse team. (Wednesday Journal)
- Entrance to Shedd Aquarium is free For Illinois residents all weekend, including Monday holidays. (construct)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting Local News!
- Healthy Singing – New Year’s Resolution for Vocal Health with Peter Storms and Kristen Steyer (Jan 15th)
- Free Web | “The Courts of the Renaissance in Italy” by Dr. Rocchi Ruggiero (Jan 17th)
- Webinar on Taxes in Retirement (Jan 17th)
- Add your event
- Are you 60 or older? Do you have trouble with memory or thinking? Possible study opportunity! (details)
- Gino Bellafari tops the list of the most influential and influential leaders in the real estate industry (details)
- Post your ad
Thanks for following and staying tuned! I’ll see you around.
– George Brisky
About me: Georgie is a Chicago-based newsletter writer and partner content coordinator. She spent five years in beat entertainment for FF2 Media covering film festivals across the US and her feature articles have been recognized with awards from the Illinois Women’s Press Association and the National Press Association. As editor-in-chief of the Lewis University newspaper, she and her staff have received honors from the Associated Collegiate Press and the American Scholastic Press Association. I started working at Patch in 2019.
Have a news tip or suggestion for your next Oak Park-River Forest daily? Contact me at OakPark@Patch.com