The Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn unlocks both Groudon and Kyogre in two of the incredibly powerful prototypes in Pokemon Go: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. How do they launch and how do you get primitive pokemon? Well, the principle is the same as with Mega Pokémon. We explain it to you!
Pokémon Go trainers have been waiting for the near-mega-evolutions of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre for a long time – and it’s almost time for them to be released in the game. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre Hoenn will be with the Pokémon Go Tour – Las Vegas first started playing – and likely next at Pokémon Go Tour Hoenn: Worldwide on February 25-26, 2023 Also available worldwide, ie as part of the Proto-Alarm field research. How exactly Protomorphos are triggered in Legendaries and how elemental raids are more likely, we explain below.
Protomorphosis is nothing more than a massive evolution
What also sounds impressive because of the word impressive is basically nothing more than a massive evolution of Groudon and Kyogre. The two are also the only Pokemon with Protomorphosis so far. And since Primal Morphosis is very similar to Mega Evolution in Pokémon Go, here are some pointers.
- The elemental form requires elemental energy, which can be obtained from certain field research or by defeating primordial Kyogre and primordial Groudon in a primordial raid.
- After their primordial formation, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon retain their initial form for eight hours. After that, they revert to their default form. The more times a Pokémon performs a primal formation, the less primal energy it uses.
Get rewards when Kyogre or Groudon transition to their initial form!
- When Primal Kyogre is part of your battle team, Water, Electric and Bug attacks are boosted in Raid Battles.
- If Primal Kyogre is your companion Pokémon, catching a Water-, Electric-, and Bug-type Pokémon will give you extra XP and Candy.
- If Primal Groudon is part of your battle team, Fire, Grass and Ground-type attacks are boosted in Raid Battles.
- If Primal Groudon is your friend, catching Fire, Grass, and Ground-type Pokemon will give you extra XP and Candy.
- Kyogre and Groudon’s initial level increases as they transform into their initial form. This will improve their rewards.
- You can view a Pokémon’s Proto Level and the rewards associated with it by clicking the Proto Level icon on the side of the Pokémon.
Elementary Raids – when are they coming to all trainers?
As of now, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre for Pokémon Go Tour: Hoenn will have a limited release. Only event participants in Las Vegas can get exclusive moves, Proto-Energy bonuses from Proto-Raids, and the ability to Protomorph from Kyogre and Groudon due to possession of the event pass. Trainers without a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas cannot collect Proto-Energy and Protomorphosis, and they won’t encounter Kyogre or Groudon with exclusive moves until Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Global. In other words: until the global event, which is now apparently called “Global”, you won’t encounter any protomon and Kyogre and Groudon won’t be able to learn the exclusive attacks Original Wave (Kyogre) and Abyss Blade (Groudon) until then.
Important: You can complete Primal Alert’s Field Research during the Pokémon Go: Hoenn – Global Tour, increasing the likelihood of encountering Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon in Raid Battles. How exactly this is implemented is not yet known. This could be a global challenge during the global event, which will increase the chances of initial raids spreading to all trainers around the world.