The World Cup is over and the clubs are back in focus. It will be especially interesting in the transfer market, which has opened up again.
Since the new year, clubs in the major European leagues have been able to buy and sell players again. The transfer window is open until January 31. Some Bundesliga clubs have also become active. Transfer news on t-online in the live broadcast ticker.
Report: Nkunku’s move to Chelsea has been steady since the summer
The move from RB Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea is said to have been fixed when his contract was extended last summer. This was reported by the “Leipziger Volkszeitung”. Accordingly, the French national team player had a guaranteed clause in June when he was extended at Leipzig until 2026, according to which he could move to London in 2023 for €65m. Chelsea, who were coached by Thomas Tuchel at the time, took last year’s player pretty hard.
Nkunku is currently recovering from a knee injury in Paris. Leipzig coach Marco Rose said recently that he does not expect his top scorer to return until mid-February. Nkunku is said to have signed a contract with Chelsea until 2028. Official confirmation of the struggling club from London is still pending. Chelsea lost 2-1 at Fulham on Thursday night and are only 10th in the Premier League.
The former Bundesliga star joins Manchester United
According to consistent media reports, Dutch professional Wout Weghorst will move to Manchester United by the end of the season. The former Wolfsburg player has a contract with Burnley in the English Premier League until 2025, but he is currently on loan at Besiktas Istanbul.
The Red Devils are said to have paid around €2.8m in compensation to the Turkish capital club to end the 30-year-old striker’s loan early. The international, now on loan at United, caused a stir at the World Cup in Qatar with a brace against eventual world champions Argentina. The quarter-finals went into extra time after a stunning free-kick feint to make it 2-2 in injury time.
Vincent Abubakar, who played in Istanbul for two seasons, is under discussion as a possible replacement for Weghorst in case of change. The 30-year-old Cameroonian currently plays for Saudi club Al-Nasr, who was recently joined by Cristiano Ronaldo.
Leipzig interested in being Gladbach?
Bundesliga club Rassen-Bullsport Leipzig are said to be interested in Gladbach’s Manu Kone. As reported by Sport Bild, Marco Rose’s squad includes the 21-year-old in their list as a possible replacement for Konrad Leimer, who had already been hosted in the summer, particularly by Bayern Munich.
Hot: In addition to Rose, Max Eberle is another former Gladbach player with the Bulls. Eberle recently confirmed that transfers from his former club could be a possibility. So far, “Causa Koné” is just a preliminary survey. The Frenchman is considered one of the most talented players in the Bundesliga in defensive midfield and is attracting interest from several top clubs. His contract with Borussia runs until 2025.
Report: English Top Club wants young BVB star Mokoko
Premier League club Newcastle United are interested in young BVB star Youssouf Moukoko. This was reported by the English newspaper “Standard”. Accordingly, the club made an oral offer for the 18-year-old with an annual salary of €8.84m. This would be at least a higher bid than that of the BVB. Shortly before Christmas, Mokkoko may have turned down an offer from Black and Yellow for an annual salary of six million euros and a ten million signing bonus. How the young star reacted to the offer from England is still open.
Moukoko’s contract with BVB expires at the end of the season. Besides Newcastle, other top clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Manchester United are said to be interested in him.
Report: Bundesliga club had Max Cruz slip up
After being kicked out of VfL Wolfsburg, striker Max Kreuz is still looking for a club. That almost changed because a prominent club in the Bundesliga held talks with Cruz. Read more about it here.