The future of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Booster Gold (!) is assured
Fans have been waiting for this for months, hmm The future of the DC Universe is set under new bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran. There’s a start date for a new Superman movie without Henry Cavill and information about other movie and series projects. These include the new Batman standalone film about Robert Pattinson’s Dark Knight, a Wonder Woman spin-off, and a horror movie featuring Swamp Thing.
God and the Beasts: The Plan for DC’s Future in Film and Series
Gunn and Safran dubbed the first phase of their new DC saga: Chapter 1: God and the Beasts.
Deity means Superman, whose birth in the cinema is supposed to be at the beginning of the story. The other projects sound like some very dark ideas, as you might be used to from The Suicide Squad director James Gunn. So we can prepare for a meeting with the Green Lanterns’ space police, albeit under the guise of removing a true informant. And even the new Supergirl will be called out “hardcore” described.
Grant Morrisons Batman and Damian Wayne
death The order of insertion corresponds to the execution plan. The following information is the official announcements previously released with industry sites such as Hollywood Reporter It was shared.
Superman, Batman & Co.: A sneak peek at the new DC projects
- Commando is a creature Animated series written by James Gunn about a team of monsters fighting Nazis in comics.
- Waller Peacemaker, starring Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
- Superman: Legacy A new Superman movie, but without an origin story. Launch date July 11, 2025
- lanterns – True Detective in the Green Lantern universe, starring Lanterns Hal Jordan and John Stewart as the series’ protagonists.
- Authority – a movie about a team of superheroes who work in moral gray areas.
- Paradise Lost – A Game of Thrones-like series set in the world of Wonder Woman Themyscira. It takes place before the events of Gal Gadot’s first adventure.
- Brave and daring New feature film with Batman and Robin, but without Robert Pattinson.
- Batman 2 – New feature film with Robert Pattinson’s Batman, theatrical release October 3, 2025. Pattinson’s Batman is intended for an alternate universe similar to its comic counterpart DC Elseworlds. (via variety )
- gold booster A series about one “Loser from the future”pretending to be a superhero in the present tense.
- Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow – a film about Superman’s cousin, whose tragic maturity makes an impression on her. “Not the Supergirl we’re used to”
- swamp thing – A horror movie that will end the first chapter of DC’s new saga.
James Gunn personally introduces DC’s new plans in the video:
At this point you will find external content iphone Twitterwhich completes the article. You can show and hide it again with one click.
What will happen to Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, and Jason Momoa?
For now, the plans show departures from the previous generation of DC superheroes, including Henry Cavill’s Superman, Ben Affleck’s Batman, and possibly Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman. It is currently uncertain if Aquaman actor Jason Momoa will reappear as ruler of the seas following his second solo movie or in a different role.
To Ezra Miller, star of Zack Snyder’s Justice League and Next flash movieJames Gunn and Peter Safran now seem to comment on how to do this final date mentioned.
Ezra Millers Flash
Radical causes Changing scenery in the DC Universe miscellaneous. Behind the scenes, the company’s structure has changed in recent years with the merger of media companies Warner and Discovery. Meanwhile, there were also changes in managerial positions and new goals.
Under this new leadership, director James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) and producer Peter Safran (Shazam) have been tapped to take over the creative direction of DC Studios. They both reportedly play a similar role to Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige and have been given the task of creating a similar idea. Planning for the future of the capital As elaborate as the Marvel Cinematic Universe can boast. Warner Bros. wants Discovery adapted this success for itself.
Because of this, a line has been drawn in the DC era that began with Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. Before we know if this revamp has worked, we’ve got a few launches this year that stemmed from the previous DC system.
DC theatrical releases this year:
The 10 biggest streaming movies of 2023 on Netflix, Amazon & Co.
In this installment of the Moviepilot podcast, Stream Brawl, we take a look at the big movies coming exclusively to Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, and Apple TV+ this year. The result is a list of ten special recommendations.
At this point you will find external contentwhich completes the article. You can show and hide it again with one click.
From science fiction epics to potential Oscar nominees, everything is included. The talent collected is particularly impressive. In 2023, we can expect new films from Martin Scorsese, David Fincher, and Zack Snyder to hit the streaming space, while Gal Gadot, Leonardo DiCaprio, Henry Cavill, and Chris Hemsworth pose in front of the camera.